Tuesday, June 21, 2011

15-Day Challenge: Day 9

Day 9: A Picture of My Favorite Restaurant



If you'd asked me 10 years ago if I thought my favorite restaurant would ever be a sushi joint, I'd have answered with an emphatic...BLECH! My, how things change! Fish has never really been my favorite food, and actually it still isn't - I really don't love cooked fish whatsoever. Give me the raw stuff, please! OK, OK, don't let me totally fool you...I am still not a hard-core sushi eater. I don't do sashimi - I need a little rice or some delicious avocado with my raw fish, thank you very much! Thank goodness I can actually use chopsticks now - I looked pretty lame the first few times I tried to eat it with my fingers or a fork!


If you ever go to Sushi Axiom, you absolutely MUST try these selections: Henderson Roll, Axiom Roll, Tower of Pisa, Mt. Axiom, and Rainbow Roll. Oh, and the Dragon Lady martini, of course! Actually, you can't go wrong, no matter what you order here. I pretty much love it all!

It's almost always where I have my birthday dinners. Here's a pic of this year's birthday celebration with my most lovely work girls - too bad most of us have the demon eyes in this pic!!



We just so happened to be in the middle of some of the worst weather Dallas has seen this spring/summer! As tornado sirens went off outside, we sipped our martinis and enjoyed our sushi. At one point Beverly commented "Huh...is it supposed to be raining tonight?" At least if I had gotten swept away by a giant tornado, I would have really enjoyed my last meal!

No comments: