Tuesday, June 14, 2011

15-Day Challenge: Day 4

Day 4: A Picture of You and a Family Member


This is my cousin, Ashley. Our birthdays are only 2 weeks apart, so we’ve always been more like siblings than cousins. Lucky for Ash, I was a huge tom-boy as a kid, so we spent our days climbing trees, catching frogs, and inventing crazy, body-contorting jumps off the diving board. We also shared an intense love for the movie Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves (yes, that’s the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood…go ahead and laugh), and we literally watched it so many times that we could quote the entire thing verbatim.

I’ll never forget the day, during my sophomore year of college, that Ash called to tell me he was transferring to A&M. I asked if he was planning to live with his friend, Heath, and he said: “Well…I was kind of thinking I’d live with you, if you want to.” And so we got a condo together and lived together for the next two years…and it was awesome! Our house became the neighborhood party spot. Every weekend, you could find us sitting in the front yard in our A&M camp chairs, beer in hand, grilling burgers and listening to Pat Green – classy!! Ash got me back in touch with my country roots by dragging me along to the Texas Hall of Fame to go two-stepping with his group of friends. I ended up loving it and spent many a Friday night on the dance floor at the Hall!

Now Ash lives back in his hometown of West Columbia and has an awesome wife, Roxanna, and two adorable kids, Madilyn and Ashton. We don’t see each other as often as we’d like, but I’d be willing to bet that we could still sit down, pop in our Robin Hood VHS tape, and quote the heck out of it!

Here we are when we were just little kiddos, at my cousin Shannon's wedding! Neither of us were too happy to be wearing these fancy clothes, though he looks a little more enthusiastic than I do!


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I remember when we saw the horse from the movie at that horse show I went to with you and your mom! And listening to "Everything I Do I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams over and over in the car!! :-)

Jill J. said...

LOL! I had totally forgotten about seeing that horse...that's awesome that you remembered! Do you remember that autographed picture of Kevin Costner as Robin Hood that I used to have hanging in my room when I was little? OMG I am such a dork!

Jennifer said...

I do remember that picture! Funny how we all have our obsessions when we are little! Fun memories!!