Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I'm baaaaack!

Hey friends! Sorry it's been so long! I swear I always say I will be better about posting and then...I fail! To be honest, I kinda figured I don't have a lot of interesting stuff to post about that people would actually want to read. But then I realized that I LOVE reading all my friends' blogs - their random stories and pictures, recipes, travel tales, etc...so surely they also love reading mine, right?! So once again, I am gonna make an attempt to get back into the world of blogging!

Anyway, quick update on my BUSY first semester of school (another reason I didn't blog...I barely had time to sleep, let alone blog):

In the spring semester, I took 5 classes - Intro to Communication Disorders, Phonetics, Articulation Disorders, Anatomy & Physiology of Speech and Hearing, and Language Acquisition. I really enjoyed them all, even though 15 hours was a lot of work! I also tried to work about 15-20 hours/week at a contract legal job to get some extra money. Between all that and spending time with Steven whenever possible, this semester was pretty exhausting! Even so...I never found myself getting very stressed out, and I think that was because 1) I've been through law school and 2) I've worked out in the real world as an attorney. No matter how much school work piled up, I could always say "this is a heck of a lot better than THAT!!"

I met a lot of nice girls in my program (granted most all of them are far younger than I am...but still, they are awesome!) I love how our program put all the "out-of-field" girls together for their first semester of classes. We already had something in common in that we come from different backgrounds than the typical speech path masters' students, so we bonded instantly. Can't wait for the next couple years with these crazy girls!

In all, the semester couldn't have turned out better. I came out with a 4.0 (which is something I could NEVER say about law school)! Summer classes have already started, and it's shaping up to be a busy summer. I am taking A Seminar in Autism, Dysphagia, Audiology (online), and an independent study where I get to do research for a really awesome book that is being written by a lady at our school - stay tuned for more on that! Also, I will be working 4 days a week at my clinical practicum, which is the Preverbal Program for kiddos 18-36 months who haven't started talking yet. I'm excited!

That's about all for now...check back later this week for a post about the awesome vacation I took during my short break between spring and summer semesters - a group couples trip to Napa with lots of my favorite people on the planet! Spoiler alert: an actress was sighted, the term YOLO was severely overused, a spit-take occurred, the Dougie was danced, and much wine was consumed.

1 comment:

Team Shep said...

Yay for blogging! And yay for the upcoming Napa post! #besties